Friday 14 January 2011

BYE BYE G5, HELLO FUTURE!

This week's been a real mix of frustration and satisfaction, and that's just the music! 

Me and Joe(partner, musical partner, extraordinary character, mixologist, drum and bass producer) got our new Mac last week. It's really swish, the mouse and keyboard have no wires, the computer is part of the screen, this is the future. It's fast! But bless Joe, he was in there after work every day making sure all the files from the old G5 were backed up, all the new plug-ins installed, and finally, on wednesday, he put the old G5 to rest. It's made so much music in it's time. It was once Jon's(bredrin, musical colleague, technical genius, all round great guy), he made many a beat on it, then we bought it, and between us we must have made at least 150 tracks.

So bye bye G5. 

We loved you. 

Hello iMac.

We love you even more.







Just look at the sparkle on that!! I'm very excited to get to work..trouble is, I have to get over that first hurdle when you haven't made a tune for a while..you worry you've forgotten how to do it. Also, been tidying up loose ends this week. Boring stuff.

Here's the good shit for the week though:

I've had 564 plays on my soundcloud http://www.soundcloud.com/ellament since I put my album clips up, about 9 days ago. Nice! 
Me and Joe had one of our collabs played by Asides(a drum and bass dj who's quite big according to Joe, and he knows about this shit),
it's the first track of his set, if you wan to have a listen

http://www.mediafire.com/?at68sfhpjsmapp2 

and I got the stems of a couple of my tracks to an old mate who is going to do me a nice remix. That's a secret though, I'll save it for another blog. 

Till next time...

Ells xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment